- Research Group Leader on “Relationships in Transition”, Center for Advanced Studies, LMU Munich (2019-2020), PI, €140,000
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Grant for the “DAAD Visiting Chair Ethics in Practice” (2019-2021), PI, €240,000
- Volkswagen Foundation, grant for a doctoral school: Munich Graduate School for Practical Ethics (2018–2022) PI, €1,627,000
- LMUExcellent, Research Group “Moral Behavior” at the Munich Center of Advanced Studies, Co-PI (2015-2017), €68,960
- Swiss National Science Fund (SNSF) grant for a postdoctoral project: “The Normative Role of Agent-Relative Reasons” (2014–2017), PI, €393,744
- SNSF grant for a doctoral project: “More Virtuous by Way of Neuro-Enhancement?” (2013–2016), PI, €168,359
- SNSF grant for a doctoral project: “Incomparability and Rationality” (2013–2016), PI, €158,946
- SNSF grant for a research project with two postdoctoral positions: “Reasons for Partiality: The Ethics of the Family” (2011–2014), PI, € 486,296
- SNSF grant for two doctoral fellowships on “The Autonomous Life” (2008–2011), PI, €359,701
- SNSF grant for a research project with two postdoctoral positions: “Kant’s Concept of Imagination between Idealism and Realism” (2009–2012), Co-PI, € 372,405
- Leverhulme Trust, Grant for a European Research Group on “Rethinking the Philosophy of Action” (2008–2010), Co-PI, €22,267
Awards and Fellowships
- Visiting Professor and Fellowship at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France,
- spring 2020 (postponed due to Covid-19)
- Robert Papazian Essay Prize 2018 for the article “The Relational Value of Empathy”, International Journal for Philosophical Studies 27, 2019
- Prize of the LMU student association for the second best lecture in philosophy, LMU Munich, July 2018
- Nomination AcademiaNet, online expert database of profiles of outstanding female academics, June 2018
- Faculty Fellowship, Center for Ethics and Public Affairs, Murphy Institute, Tulane University, New Orleans, USA, 2012–2013
- Feodor Lynen Fellowship/Humboldt Foundation, Visiting Scholar, Philosophy Department at University of California at Berkeley, 2002–2003
- Lise Meitner Fellowship/Austrian Science Foundation, 2001 (declined)
- Habilitation Fellowship/FAZIT Foundation, 2001–2002##
Philosophy Department at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Vice Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and the Study of Religion (2019-present)
- Member of Habilitation Committees at Ludwig Maximilian University Munich: Dr. Rebecca Gutwald,(2019-pesent); Dr. Nikil Mukerji (2018-present); Dr. Jörg Noller (2016-present); Dr. Jan Heilinger (completed 2016).
- Head of Habilitation Committees at Ludwig Maximilian University Munich: Prof. Dr. Jörg Löschke (completed 2021); Dr. Zachary Goldberg (completed 2019); Dr. Christian Budnik (completed 2019)
- Spokesperson of the Executive Master Program “Philosophy – Politics – Economy” (2020-present)
Extra-Departmental Service at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Member of the Center of Advanced Studies, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (2018-present)
- Spokesperson of the Munich Competence Center for Ethics (2016-2019)
- Member of the Exam Committee for High School Teachers, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich (2015-present)
- Spokesperson of the Mentoring Programme, Department of Philosophy, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (2018-2020).
- Appointed Mentor for Women in Philosophy, Dr. Silvia Jonas, Ludwig Maximilian University, 2018-present; Dr. Christine Bratu, Ludwig Maximilian University, 2018-2020; Dr. Almut von Wedelstaedt, University of Bielefeld, 2018-present; Dr. Lisa Herzog, Technical University Munich, 2017-2019; Dr. Angela Martin, Université de Fribourg, 2017-2018; Dr. Anne Eckart, Université de Lausanne, 2014-2016; Dr. Magdalena Hofmann, Universität Zürich, 2009-2010.
- Member of the Committee for the Humboldt Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2018-present)
- Member of the Steering Committee, Social Epistemology Network (2017-present)
- Member of the Swiss National Committee for Bioethics (2012-present)
- Department Chair, University of Berne (2007-2009; 2010-2012)
- Editorial Board/ Steering Committee/Associate Editor: Argumenta: Journal of the Italian Society for Analytic Philosophy, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, European Journal of Philosophy, Grazer Philosophische Studien, Journal of Social Ontology, Zeitschrift für praktische Philosophie, Zeitschrift für philosophische Forschung, Deutsche Zeitschrift für Philosophie, On Education. Journal for Research and Debate, Jahrbuch für praktische Philosophie in globaler Perspektive
- Member of the Einstein Lecture Committee, University of Berne (2009-2015)
- Member of the Program Committee: Social Epistemology Network (June 2017-present); German Philosophical Association (2011); Society for Analytical Philosophy (2010-2012)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board: Munich School of Philosophy (2018-present); University of Vienna (Faculty for Philosophy and Education) (2015-present); Munich Center for Ethics (2006-2010)
- Referee for Journals and Presses: Allgemeine Zeitschrift für Philosophie, Bloomsbury Publishing, Canadian Journal for Philosophy, De Gruyter Verlag, De GruyterOpen, Dialectica, Diskurs. Kindheits- und Jugendforschung, Erkenntnis, European Journal for Philosophy, Ethical Perspectives, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, Ethics, Facta Philosophica, Grazer Philosophische Studien, Inquiry, Jahrbuch Praktische Philosophie in globaler Perspektive, Journal for Moral Philosophy, Journal for Social Philosophy, Kantian Review, Moral Philosophy and Politics, Noûs, Philosophia. Philosophical Quarterly of Israel, Philosophers’ Imprint, Philosophical Explorations, Philosophical Quarterly, Philosophy: The Journal of the Royal Institute of Philosophy, Rationality, Markets and Morals, Social Theory and Practice, Springer Verlag, Theoria, Zeitschrift für philosophische Forschung, Zeitschrift für philosophische Literatur, Zeitschrift für praktische Philosophie
- Referee for Foundations and Academic Societies: British Society for Ethical Theory (BSET), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Science Foundation), DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), European Research Council (ERC), European Society for Analytical Philosophy (ESAP), Evangelisches Studienwerk, Gesellschaft für analytische Philosophy (Association for Analytical Philosophy), Jubiläumsfonds der Österreichischen Nationalbank (Fund of the Austrian National Bank), Schweizerische Vereinigung für Rechts- und Sozialphilosophie (Swiss Association for Legal and Social Philosophy), Schweizerischer Nationalfonds (Swiss Science Foundation), Social Epistemology Network, Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German National Foundation), Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Philosophy (German Philosophical Association), Volkswagen Foundation, Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (Dutch Council for the Humanities), Ministery of Education and Research of the State of Baden-Württemberg, German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development
- Appointed External Member of University Review Committees: University of Constance/Germany, Philosophy Department (2018); University of Zurich/Switzerland, Philosophy Department (2009)
- External Reviewer for Appointments, Promotions to Associate or Full Professor, and Habilitations: University of Geneva (2020), Florida State University (2020), Humboldt University Berlin (2019); University of Bayreuth (2018); University of Cologne (2018); Technical University of Munich (2018); University of Neuchâtel (2018); McGill University Montréal/Canada (2016); University of Dusseldorf (2016); University College Dublin/Ireland (2016); University of Marburg (2016); University of Oldenburg (2015); University of Göttingen (2014); University of Duisburg-Essen (2014); University of Erlangen (2012); University of Salzburg (2012, 2008); Catholic University of Leuven/Belgium (2011); Université de Lausanne (2011); Münster University (2011); Stuttgart University (2010); Rutgers University (2010); University of Potsdam (2010, 2014); University of Dortmund (2008); Salzburg University (2008); University of Halle (2008); Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (2008); University of Berne (2007, 2008-2009, 2010, 2012, 2013); University of Göttingen (2000-2001)
- Member of Search and Appointment Committees: Chair for Political Philosophy, Ludwig Maximilian University (2019-2020); Associate Professorship Philosophy of Renaissance, Ludwig Maximilian University (2018); Assistant Professorship in Political Philosophy, University of Berne (2013-2014); Associate Professorship in Political Philosophy, University of Berne (2012); Associate Professorship in Philosophy of Science, University of Berne (2011-2012); Chair for Ancient Philosophy, University of Berne (2011); Assistant Professorship in Practical Philosophy, University of Berne (2009); Associate Professorship in History of Philosophy, University of Berne (2008-2009), Assistant Professorship in Theoretical Philosophy, University of Berne (2008); Chair for Theoretical Philosophy, University of Berne (2007); Chair for History of Modern Philosophy, Göttingen University (2000-2001)
- Member of Habilitation Committees at the University of Berne: Dr. Georg Brun (completed 2015); Dr. Pierfrancesco Basile (completed 2008); Dr. Jens Schlieter (completed 2007).
- Erasmus Coordinator, University of Berne 2006-2014; Göttingen University 1998-2004
- Member of the Exam Committee for High School Teachers, Göttingen University 1998-2004
- Member of the Highschool Diploma Committee, University of Berne 2011.
- Member of the Library Committee, Göttingen University 1998-2004.
- Member of the Structure Committee, University of Berne, Faculty of the Humanities, 2008-2011; Center for Global Studies 2008.